Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

GM Part # 19299070 on back order...till when?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Part # 19299070 on back order...till when?

So as luck would have it I had a used CTS-V Acc Drive for my setup and sold that when my ex-Gf handed me an invoice from Pace Performance for the same kit just brand new. The invoice was setup in early to mid Sept with the website stating that the GM part # 19299070 would be shipped out in a day or two and until now the kit is on back order from GM until further notice.

Any chance any of you guys might have an idea on how long it will be before the kit is available again? I find it kind of ridiculous that a big manufacturer like GM cant find a way to produce these in a timely manner. I wonder what the CTS-V folks are doing if their kit takes a crap.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 2muchboostNY
I find it kind of ridiculous that a big manufacturer like GM cant find a way to produce these in a timely manner.
A big manufacturer is probably less likely than a small one to crank out small production runs. If there's no demand, it doesn't make any sense to spend the money to produce the kits.

Originally Posted by 2muchboostNY
I wonder what the CTS-V folks are doing if their kit takes a crap.
Since the accessory drive consists of a number of different components, and it's highly unlikely that all of those are going to fail at once, I'm guessing the CTS-V folks would just buy the single part that failed.

You had a used kit before - find another used kit. Or maybe shift gears to one of the other accessory drive setups that is more common and thus more available.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even the used kits aren't easy come by and the cost for used is usually close to new. I needed the space the Ctsv setup provides but might have to just suck it up and use an LS2 setup and work around that.

I am assuming they dont just produce a kit and slap individual components together then sell as a kit. Wouldn't make sense for them it make a standalone kit as you mentioned.

Last edited by 2muchboostNY; 11-20-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quick Reply: GM Part # 19299070 on back order...till when?