Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

After shifter install, wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After shifter install, wont start!

Hey folks. First post here. I just signed up after looking around for a while. Great site! I will fill out profile (04 Silver V Maggied) soon, but in the meantime......

I finally got the courage to install my Katech shifter and that all went relatively well. I disconnected the battery during the install. I reconnected the battery and tried to start it and it would not start. Cranks, but does not fire up. Everything was just fine before install and the only thing that I moved during the install (in car method, did not drop anything below) was the electrical connection on the front of the shifter plate.

I have since checked the electrical connection, locked/unlocked to see if it was the security system, turned to on and listened and it sounds like the fuel pump is working, and kicked the right front tire! Nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weird. Sorry, aside from making sure there's gas in the tank and checking for blown fuses under the hood, I'm of no help.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Thanks. I just got a code reader and nothing..... I will check the fuses.

Cheers.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Unhooked the battery for a minute, hooked back up, starts right up. Noticed a much more pronounced spark when I hooked the battery up. Like something that needed juice before was not connected and now it is. Strange.....

Thanks for the quick response Fweasel. I look forward to working on the car with the help of the group! I have gained my confidence back!

Cheers.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Was there any lights on in the car?

Quick Reply: After shifter install, wont start!