Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Well, holy shit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetals
Sorry about your accident, but I am glad you didn't let it consume you, and you moved on.
Great looking car, and you might as well get a neon sign if you are gonna go that fast.
On second thought the color may be enough.
Originally Posted by 54inches
I hate the burgundy, but I am liking the ***** RED! lol
I'll post better pics of the color. It's not red. Just those really bright lights.

Originally Posted by Becker
im shocked it went from a titled V1 to a 53k purchase in days...mileage aside, curbed rims and front bumper damage 53k seems a little steep. even for red.

congrats though
Well, if I didn't find options I didn't like, I likely would've kept it. I would've paid for the frame straightening, but could've gotten the bumper work done myself. Still considering doing that.

I've already yanked the stereo/radar detector. The wheels are next if any of the interested parties bail. I'll know more about that soon. If I do keep it, I'll likely sell it after it's fixed. If the M6 didn't suck in traffic, I'd commute in it & keep the V2 parked. I dunno, but likely it'd end up like my '96 Impala SS, parked & never moved once I start driving it.

Or I sell the V1, put that money into fixing the Impala & commute in it. LS2 in an Impala?!? ARGH, the more I think the more I confuse myself . . .
Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't mind commuting in an Impala as long as I didn't have very far to go (MPG sucks). Those things ride like boats.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BudRacing
I wouldn't mind commuting in an Impala as long as I didn't have very far to go (MPG sucks). Those things ride like boats.
Well, if I don't sell it as well. I had a guy bring a battery over last night trying to get it started since it's sat for almost 2 years.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Hey man, congrats on the new ride! The pics wont load on the computer I'm on, but it sounds damn slick to me. Hopefully you make out like a bandit on the written off V1... Is insurance buying you out, then selling it back to you on the cheap? V1 grocery getter, V2 time sensitive grocery getter?
Old 04-01-2015, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

3 generations of Vette drivetrains in a sedan:
Old 04-01-2015, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wes8398
Hey man, congrats on the new ride! The pics wont load on the computer I'm on, but it sounds damn slick to me. Hopefully you make out like a bandit on the written off V1... Is insurance buying you out, then selling it back to you on the cheap? V1 grocery getter, V2 time sensitive grocery getter?
Meh, I wish. I'd love to see the V1 go to a guy beat the **** out of it on a track. It's got all the goodies on it. I'd love to start road racing, but I don't have to time.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks hot to me! You're even showing up your neighbor with the base model,

You're right about the totaled v1 making a great track candidate. Caged and gutted with provisions for two removable seats in the rear would make for a pretty entertaining track machine.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Launching!

So how do you like the v2 vs v1?

Car looks nice!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

The power is amazing, but the stereo leaves soooooo much to be desired. I'm not 100% comfortable in the seat either. Can't really find that sweet spot & it's harder to get in/out of. I'm sure I'm going to wear out the bottom of the steering wheel because I hit it every time.

Mechanically superior, but I'm just not feeling the stereo over me running my Parrot.

Crappy MPG compared to the V1! Makes me want to keep the V1 just to commute in.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What mpg have you seen over your last couple tanks if you don't mind me asking? Hope you enjoy the new ride.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MN_V
What mpg have you seen over your last couple tanks if you don't mind me asking? Hope you enjoy the new ride.
Not a clue, I stopped paying attention to it. I'm sure if I'm lucky it'll be 13-14. It'll be going on a 200 mile round trip tomorrow, I'll pay attention to see how it does on the freeway.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't like red, but that looks great with the black wheels. Congrats!
Old 04-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Default .

very nice V, normally im not into red cars but i like it on a V
Old 04-09-2015, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks ya'll.

I paid $115 for an oil change yesterday with a car wash. After, I looked up what the stock wheel sizes were & on edmunds.com it said "Maintenance included to 50,000 miles". I drove to a Caddy dealership today to ask about that & they said "Yup, the only maintenance is oil change anytime oil life is below 30% & 50K top engine/throttle body clean, diff, and transmission. Cabin/air filters are changed if needed at oil changes.".

Well, ain't that some ****?
Old 04-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Thanks ya'll.

I paid $115 for an oil change yesterday with a car wash. After, I looked up what the stock wheel sizes were & on edmunds.com it said "Maintenance included to 50,000 miles". I drove to a Caddy dealership today to ask about that & they said "Yup, the only maintenance is oil change anytime oil life is below 30% & 50K top engine/throttle body clean, diff, and transmission. Cabin/air filters are changed if needed at oil changes.".

I'm not sure how it is with Caddy's, but on my Camaro, the dealer doesn't care what the OLM percentage is. They told me I get 4 in 24 months and I can use them when I want.

I've had three oil changes and the car has 5800 miles.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks ya'll.

What other maintenance would you want before 50k?
Old 04-15-2015, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by army11b
very nice V, normally im not into red cars but i like it on a V
Not a clue, I stopped paying attention to it. I'm sure if I'm lucky it'll be 13-14. It'll be going on a 200 mile round trip tomorrow, I'll pay attention to see how it does on the freeway.
I am sure the extra 400 lbs doesnt help.....
Old 04-15-2015, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got tint installed today. As soon as it was completed, went to the dealer to see why my left side blinks fast (aftermarket tail!), the tech promptly rolls down the window EVEN WITH THE BIG GREEN STICKER THAT SAYS DO NOT ROLL DOWN! Even with a note on the ticket . . .

"Oh, that's for all the windows?"

Luckily, nothing is wrong, but the service manager was there when I noticed the window down while they were showing me why the taillight was blinking. If there was a problem, she said she'd take care of it. Immediately went back to the tint place & they said "it looks ok, you should be fine".

Dirty because it's been raining here all week & nothing but 60% the rest of the week too.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BudRacing
What other maintenance would you want before 50k?
I have never owned a 'new' car, but I recall seeing things in older manuals like "trans fluid flush every 15k", etc. I wasn't sure what maintenance NEEDED to be done. Was pleasantly surprised it didn't need any . . .

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
I am sure the extra 400 lbs doesnt help.....
HEY! I'm trying to los . . . . ohhhh, V1 weight vs V2 weight, gotcha!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up a 13 Crystal red tintcoat....

I need to find me a set of dark wheels like yours.

Quick Reply: Well, holy shit.