Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Just installed Creative Steel shifter in my V1

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Thumbs up Just installed Creative Steel shifter in my V1

Very nice unit! I've had Hurst, B&M, and Pro5.0 shifters in other cars, this feels as good as any of them...even considering it's not directly in the shifter cup. Very impressed with it, really glad I spent the time on it. If you're on the fence, don't hesitate. I'm certain it's not the only good option, but it is a damn good one. Nut up for the extra poly bushings too. Excellent tight, crisp and obviously...short, throws.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A fully adjustable shifter for 275 including the noise isolating handle is a bargain all things considered.

Have you played with the adjustments much???
Old 02-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2nd this
Old 02-15-2016, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like it a lot, but it seemed like all of the adjustments were just opportunity for things to loosen up over time. which they did. a lot.

i went back to the hurst after running the CS shifter for a few months and i'm totally happy with my decision.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

You can adjust both the pivot point and the shifter length/height. I have them both quite short, similar to the Pro5.0 I had in my LS3 f-body. This makes for a beefy throw effort thanks to the remote shifter arrangement so I'll be adjusting it soon but the tightness and precision can't be beat. If someone were concerned about anything loosening...that's what blue loctite is for. I love the fact that it comes with crows feet to adjust it from inside the car and I was surprised that even though it requires removal of the rubber insulators, it's as quiet as stock in my car. Creative Steel's customer service is top notch and top get a competitively priced item from a small, family owned business makes it a no-brainer for me. I'll report back on the adjustments I make...
Old 02-15-2016, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I had the lower adjustment (pivot point for throw length) almost maxed to the bottom. I back it out about 1.5 turns but left the shifter length about the same. Made a huge difference and feels awfully close to how my B&M felt in my old LT1 Camaro, which was very nice. Will probably not prevent the wife from driving it now. Will probably leave it here but the adjustment is SO easy so...
Old 02-15-2016, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bio248
i like it a lot, but it seemed like all of the adjustments were just opportunity for things to loosen up over time. which they did. a lot.

i went back to the hurst after running the CS shifter for a few months and i'm totally happy with my decision.
I'll take that CS off your hands if you still have it....

Quick Reply: Just installed Creative Steel shifter in my V1