Search

Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Callaway Corvettes in Canada!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
Teching In

Trader Rating: 0
Default Callaway Corvettes in Canada!

Hey guys,

I am proud to finally announce to everyone, that we at Nicholson Chevrolet in Edmonton are an authorized Callaway Corvette dealer, which we have been since the spring. We are the only dealer in Western Canada, 1 of 2 dealers in Canada, and 1 of 29 in the world that sell Callaways.

I was actually the one who brought the idea forward to the General Manager, Todd Nicholson, after I saw an article on the Callaway Corvettes in the auto section of the newspaper, saying that they were currently looking into Canadian expansion. Todd was actually very open to the idea and said to see what other information I could find on them, so I went ahead and contacted Callaway myself and expressed our interest to them. After passing info back onto Todd, they had several phone conversations with Callaway and the rest is history!

I feel that it was a pretty good accomplishment to be the one who spear-headed the whole thing (and I think they were impressed too, since I am one of the mechanics and dont really have anything to do with the car sales part of it, until now ). I am currently waiting to get sent down to California, where I will even get to become an Authorized Callaway Corvette Technician.

Here is the article that we got in the driving section of the newspaper (p.s. please forgive the error where it says "the flagship ZR1 which goes for $110,000". That should say "the flagship Z06 which goes for $110,000". That also is not me in the picture haha):
http://autos.canada.com/news/story.h...f-72f80cb37de1

MODS: Pacesetter LT headers - SLP Lid - FAST 90/N.W 90 - TRex cam - electric water pump - LS7 clutch/flywheel - B&M short throw - SLP underdrive pulley - Dana 60 w/ Detroit Locker & 4.30 gears- !A/C - QA1 front & rear drag shocks - BMR front upper & lower control arms - BMR K-member - BMR front sway bar - BMR manual rack - BMR Xtreme torque arm - BMR Xtreme lower control arms - BMR Xtreme rear sway bar
Clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #2
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 26
Send a message via AIM to Spd-Kilz Send a message via MSN to Spd-Kilz Send a message via Yahoo to Spd-Kilz

Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTomos View Post
If I was a cop and pulled over a dude in a 1000rwhp vette with a sex doll in the front seat, I'd just high-five him and tell him to carry on.
Spd-Kilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:29 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement