Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

CDNPERF Stage 2 Cam Dyno Sheets

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CDNPERF Stage 2 Cam Dyno Sheets

Well I've been getting alot of pm's lately on these custom grinds that Dave and I have come up with offer. Basically what we've done is gathered up all the info over the last 3 years with all the cams that we have used and come up with something in the middle. What I can tell you is that they are alot smaller than the LG G5X2 or G5X3 cams and that the lobes are alot easier on the valvetrian. So I figure the best way to show what to expect is a playback of some results.

Here is the first sheet-this is my 02 Z06 in stock form-only mods is a Borla Stinger/Granatelli Catback and a K&N filter-FWIW-I ran 11.65@117.75 in this trim:

The car made a best of 376 rwhp and 367 tq-that's pretty healthy for just a catback and a filter!

This next sheet was with first cam I picked after talking too alot of people in regards to what these LS1 heads liked-the cam was alot smaller than what the trend was but I was happy with the results. The changes from the first set of pulls was the addition of a underdrive pulley, Kook's 1 3/4 headers and no cats and Vortex Rammer airbox:

The car went from 376 to 423 and torque jumped from 367 to 399.

Next up was set of AFR heads milled to 59 CC's but instead of the Cometic .040 gaskets I used the stock GM MLS gaskets-should of used the Cometics!

I went from 423 to 447 and torque went from 399 to 405

With the addition of a Fast 90/90 and a electric waterpump 20-30 rwhp as well as a good bit torque could of been had.

This was a very nice combo-enough cam to let everyone know you were not stock and still very driveable-even through a Tim Horten's drive thru! Gas mileage only suffered slightly within the city but highway was still very good.

We based the custom grind cam off what we learned here-no need to make the highest numbers-just enough to have a very nice wide linear powerband that snaps into action a soon as the throttle gets mashed!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Wow nice numbers!!Would to install a cam setup in my swaped 99s10 ls6?Btw i live in Mtl.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by silvers
Wow nice numbers!!Would to install a cam setup in my swaped 99s10 ls6?Btw i live in Mtl.
We can do it no problem. You could drop it off one weekend and pick it up the next!

Dave