Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

maryland emissions 98-02 F body

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maryland emissions 98-02 F body

How is anyone passing emissions after you go carbed and get rid of all that other stuff that goes along with emissions. I have deleted all the wiring and everything for all stuff I didn't need anymore including o2 sensors and all. I still have the plug, under my dash and I can get a friend to clear all codes after I complete my swap. Is that all I will need to worry about?
Old 03-29-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I tried to find out what it takes to make a legal swap here in Maryland and couldn't get a straight answer. VIEP said my car was more than 25 years old (1971) so they had no rules on it. They told me to call the state police cause they control the safety inspections. The state police told me to get historic plates because they are exempt from all testing.

Not an option for you I understand.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No it is not. I have been reading about it on here, and a lot of people say as long as you are not throwing any codes, then you will be good. I can get a friend to clear my computer of all the codes after I finish my swap, but I dont know if that is necessarily true though. I wont have any cats either, but some people say they wont check. I know my car will be too low, to get on the rollers.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Take a buddy named Grant or Franklin....you never know ?

I know they checked my Silverado ('05) for cats,gas cap pressure/vacuum test ?,and OBD II pluged in.