Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

A few carb questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few carb questions

I am going the carb route in my 72 chevelle and had a few questions on which parts I need. The engine is a 2006 tbss ls2 it has the 24x reluctor wheel but it has a front cam sensor??? Which msd box do I need?? Jegs/summit call for an ls2 box but that's for a 54x wheel and the ls1 box is setup for a rear cam sensor??? I'm a little confused.
The next question I have is what size carb should I purchase? I'm leaning towards the holley hp series for the good tuning abilities. The only mod I did to the engine was replace the factory cam with a 228r cam and valve spring package and it has the edelbrock swap headers. The car weighs prob 3600 lbs and it's backed by a t56 with 373 rear gear ratio. It will mainly be a street car that will see the pedal mashed quite often and also some strip duty.
The last question I have is will the edelbrock victor jr intake fit under my stock hood that has the very small cowl ? Sorry for the massive essay, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Quick Reply: A few carb questions