Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

k&n xtreme filter top

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k&n xtreme filter top

I bought a k&n xtreme air filter for the top of my ex efi. People tell me this was a waste of money and ill more than likely lose a bunch of power. I was under the impression the carbs lose power due to odd airflow over the bleeds. I dont have bleeds now.

Thoughts?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The airflow over the bleeds is a new one on me.

What I have always heard and read is the lid can help redirect and smooth out the air flow through the carb. Would be the same for a throttle body I am guessing. The Moroso lid I am running is sort of doughnut shaped, they claim it helps reduce turbulence hence improves flow. It just looks like it would help redirect the flow up and then down into the carb.

Should be a simple matter to borrow a lid and do some back to back runs. My guess the difference will be so slight you won't be able to tell.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, thanks for the insight. Maybe ill talk to the dyno operator into giving me a run to test the difference while its strapped down on the 10th of may. I cant compair my numbers from last year and the carb to this year since ive changed too much. But I could maybe do a back to back test.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

They work awesome, have seen within 1 hp difference with small 9 inch k&n with xtreme flow top vs running no filter.

Last edited by VLS1; 04-09-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Quick Reply: k&n xtreme filter top