Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Want to put a LS in a 1968 Camaro??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to put a LS in a 1968 Camaro??

I have a 1968 Camaro with a 1968 427 in it, and I love the design and the car so much, I am going to get another one to make into a daily driver, is their any one place I can find out what I will need to do this type of conversion, and what limits I have, I know I want to do new supension and brakes, and will put new gagues in car, it will also be a Convertiable so I am assuming subframe connectors, I have a clean no rust donor car. Any help before I get in over my head....
Old 12-15-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go over to the Conversion's & Hybrid's section they will have the info you need.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skigoose
I have a 1968 Camaro with a 1968 427 in it, and I love the design and the car so much, I am going to get another one to make into a daily driver, is their any one place I can find out what I will need to do this type of conversion, and what limits I have, I know I want to do new supension and brakes, and will put new gagues in car, it will also be a Convertiable so I am assuming subframe connectors, I have a clean no rust donor car. Any help before I get in over my head....
Got to www.lateral-g.net or www.pro-touring.com.
Tons of info on stuff like this. Most of the guys there have LSx engines in their Camaros.
As far as suspension is concerned, DSE makes some KILLER products as well as Speed-tech. Brakes, I would go with Wilwood or Baer.
What's good about the DSE subframes are that you can get them blackpowder coated and complete with the Wilwood brake set-up already mounted and ready to rock.
GOOD LUCK!!