Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

how to: headlights with highbeams

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to: headlights with highbeams

I read it on here before but i cannot find the link again

There was a way to keep your headlights on when you click to put your highbeams on (so quad bulbs were on) and then when shutting your highs off the headlamps just stay on

anyone know how to do this?
thanks!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parts needed: 30amp relay, inline fuse(30 amp), plenty wire pref. red and black, and wiring harware such as butt conectors and splicers for cliping end of one wire onto another wire, also clips to connect wires to the relay...

Red wire from battery to inline fuse, red wire from inline fuse to incoming power clip on relay, red wire from out going power clip on relay to hot wire of low beam(splice together).

(This gives you power from the battery to the low beams now u use the high beam power to activate the magnetic switch of the relay.)

Splice a red wire to the power side of the high beam wires, run that red wire to positive switch clip on relay. clip black wire to negitive switch side of relay and run the to a grounded bolt.

This will keep you low beams on when you turn on your high beams, ive sone this on my camaro as well as my silverado. you only need todo this on the battery side head lights, the juice will go to the other low beam. Need more info let me know.

Quick Reply: how to: headlights with highbeams