Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Some ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some ?'s

Alright my friend just bought a 88 z28. He has no idea what it is and neither do i really, The guy says its a 350 bored 40 over and carrbed which it use to be a v6 fuel injected. What exactly does that make the motor now? And im sure we will have many more stupid ?'s for u guys later, im on PT net so dont really know the older car stuff, thanks
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

umm i know in some of the gm/chevy trucks they have the 350 block - 2 cylinders so its like the well known v8 350 ... imma look it up mehh ... looked it up i think u need to provide more info. is it a v6 ? or did they swap in a v8 ? how many plug wires come off the motor. do you know the displacement ? heres some info on the small block '350' and many variations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrol...l-block_engine mabe someone with more knowladge can help better
Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

wow, i must be getting old if an 88 is considered "old stuff" lol. first thing, if it use to be a v6 then its not a Z28. to make sure of this just open up the driver side door and you should see a white sticker that has a bunch of letters followed by numbers. look for "Z28" or "L98". im a little rusty on my rpo codes for the third gens but if it has either of these two symbols then its a Z and was always a Z. now for the motor that is in it now, its probably just some two bolt main 350. which is okay but id rather have that tuned port injection V8. i suggest saving up some money for a new motor or new rebuild of the motor you have now because chances are that the guy who did the engine swap was hard on the motor, and drive train. if you really want to know everything that their is to know about that camaro, you should check out www.thirdgen.org. one of the best 82 through 92 camaro information sites there is. if you need to know anything else just let us know.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks SLP i know i didnt make much sense with this post but we have no idea what this guy put in this car i suggested pullin the motor as well but my friend is cheap and lazy and since it runs fine he doesnt want to mess with it. I will just have to talk him into it.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Launching!

for it to be a z28 you will need these rpo codes from that sticker. (z28,l98,lb9 and b2l)if it was a 6 banger then it is not a z28.

and if you don't see iroc z stickers that is another sign. the z28 "model" for this year was only iroc z

also look for the 8th diget in the vin, if you see a "s" its a v6

Quick Reply: Some ?'s