Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Can't Find a Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Find a Wiring Harness

A year ago, I bought a 1994 Camaro v6 3.4L for $900.00. I've been using it as a means to get back and forth for work.

Early last week, the driver side window began to slow down, and eventually stopped... half way down. After that happened, my radio would not work, nor my passenger side window. Two days ago, I gave in and took it to the shop I usually take my vehicles. Today, I got it back. The windows are closed, and the radio now works.

I asked the mechanic what the problem is/was, and he said the owner before me took it upon himself to rig an awful system of wires and connectors. I called the previous owner, and he informed me the door was stolen, and whoever stole it cut the wires that go from underneath the dash, to inside the door. So, the mechanic says the wires are coming apart, cracking, and breaking.

He called the local shops, and no one had or knew where to get this "wiring harness", but he suggested I looked online for one. He's not a tech savvy guy.

So, finally, my question is, where would I find a wiring harness for the door? I, of course, Googled it and found a bunch of different wiring harnesses, but nothing I could see that made any sense for my problem.

If someone could point me in the direction of where to get one, or where to look, I'd be more than grateful.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post in the parts wanted section.