Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Just bought another LT1!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought another LT1!

I decided to treat myself to a nice Xmas present this year so I wen't out and bought another LT1. I actually had my eyes on this car for a couple weeks now and figured if no one bought it by xmas weekend i'd pick it up. It's a 1993 Z28 Hardtop, Patriot red exterior/Gray cloth interior, basic option car with 73k miles. Motor is a take-out 1996 350 LT4 that came out of a Corvette Collectors Edition w/ 56k miles. It has the original 6-speed tranny and '96 PCM and has been kept pretty much stock with the exception of a few nick nacks.

Previous owner did the following upgrades:

SLP SS Hood
SLP SS Wing
OE Wheels 18x9.5/18x10" Z06 wheels
SLP Ram-Air Intake Box
K&N Replacement Filter
NGK iridium spark plugs
Nology Hot Wires
FRAM fuel filter
160* stat
Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil
AC Delco Cap & Rotor Kit
True Dual system w/ X-pipe
Borla XR-1 mufflers
Pro 5.0 Shifter
RAM HDX Clutch kit
new slave cylinder
Inland Empire Aluminum Driveshaft
Auburn Pro Differential
Genuine GM 4.30 Ring & Pinion
Prothane Motion poly bushing kit
1LE Front/Rear Sway Bars
Koni Yellow Shocks
Hotchkis Lower Control Arms
BMR SFC's

Car runs like a champ and has been meticulously maintained. The interior is near perfect with the exception of a missing passenger side mirror adj. ****. Exterior is near mint as you can see except for a cracked right foglight. I have a stock dyno graph where the car was dyno'd at Force Fed Performance in Sac, CA and put down 306/315 with just the LT4-swap and custom dual exhaust. The previous owner said it ran consistent low 13's at 107-108 in that trim. I figure with the gears and suspension upgrades it's an easy 12-second car the way it sits now. First things first I am going to remove the SS badges and run the stealth look w/ no emblems, flog it as is to see what she'll do and then order a set of long-tube headers and y along with some drag radials and a tune. I will be keeping the LT4 for the long haul, my goal is to possibly do a D1SC build or maybe even a turbo 355.

Here are some pics from Xmas weekend.

So what do you guys think? Honestly. Any suggestions on what you guys would do with her? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet ride, my old camaro was maroon and i loved it
Old 01-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a tune, longtubes, drag radials and some nitrous.... nice looking car.

Quick Reply: Just bought another LT1!