Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap?

My car was backed into by a female co-worker that has been a mess but beside the point I have decided because I'm basically going to have a brand new paint job and I like the options of my V6 car I am highly tempted to do the LS1 swap on my car. But, If I could find the motor, transmission, and buy all materials needed is there someone from the forums that would professionally do the swap for me? Truly quality work, as it is my daily driver. I would attempt to do it myself but I know that I could not, and do not have time. I'm 19 and in college but CAN afford to do the shop as long as I hear some numbers on prices etc...any help or people you can turn me to would be greatly appreciated. I have tossed and turned the ups and downs of this swap for 2 years now and im going to go ahead with it. I can't wait to see the look on everyone's face when my cars rolling through town with a deep growl and a cam lope.... I cant wait!

ALSO:
Car is a 1998
blue-green chameleon
86k miles
Old 02-25-2010, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

god women shouldnt even be allowed near cars unless they are modeling lol (but that is all besides the point) man i kno ur gona hate hearing this buttt.... a full swap motor, trans, harness, accessories, etc. is prob gonna be more than your car is worth (especially with quality work put into it) we are talking like prob 7-10k if you use all new parts. but hey, i kno how you feel when you want to keep your car bc its perfect besides a few things (i have a beautiful white z28 that i got for a great deal but is auto-soon to be manual) if money is no problem than do it. a lot of performance shops can do it just call a few shops in your area and see what they have to say. from personal experience, my motor went out at 53000 miles and the new ls1 i replaced it with cost 3000 and no labor bc my dad and i put it in. so again, weigh your options, your looking at about 7-10k for a nicely done swap with quality parts, might be better off just collecting insurance money and buying/starting with a real ls1
Old 02-27-2010, 01:34 AM

I think it can be done cheaper than that? If I find a donor car at a salvage yard or salvage auction I'd almost bet I could buy a lower mileage camaro, trans-am for less than 3k and have everything I'd need then I would just need an installer or attempt it myself.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

I will do it! done it before! you need a donar car though! My shop is in Seattle