Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1969 Camaro Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1969 Camaro Fuel Tank

Hey guys I have a problem. I ordered a new sending unit for my 69 Camaro. After receiving the unit I noticed the gasket and locking ring were a lot smaller than the opening in my tank. I checked my order and everything was correct. I cannot find a sending unit that will fit my tank?!?!?! Also, my tank has 3 barb fittings coming out of it on the front (Toward the engine when installed) two on the passenger side and one one drivers side.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can u post a picture. stock mechanical fuel pump or fuel injected? stock sending unit should have one, generally 3/8 steel tube running from the sending unit toward the front of the tank, 90 degree turn toward passenger side and ending about the end of the tank on the passenger side with a slight forward turn. If you have three fittings comming out of your sending unit you may have the wrong sending unit. There should also be a small post for the wire running to your fuel gauge (brown in color) and another for your ground. I just picked an new one up from a guy on ebay, if you want I will get you the link.