Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

No foglight switch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No foglight switch?

Found a Camaro SS for sale and noticed it didn't have a fog light switch in the dash. Dumb question but, were foglights an actual option? I only ask because the car is very basic. Even has no power locks, mirrors, windows, seats, no tcs or cruise control and its a 6 speed hardtop.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would think that they were standard, it has the holes for them, and would look stupid without them.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

They arent standard equipment.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to confirm that this car is an authentic SS with the WU8 code on the door jamb. According to the information I have from my days selling Chevys the fog lights along with the power windows, cruise control, etc. are part of the 1SD option package. Any V8 car that does not have these options is a 1SC package or a 'stripper'. Unfortunately the 1SC stripper package was not available with the WU8 SS package, they required the 1SD package, at least in the later years. The hard top, 6 speed and traction control are all independent options so they can be included or left off. You do usually see the stripper cars with hardtops and no other options to keep the price or the weight down. This car may be a Z28 that has been converted to a SS clone. If you want a SS, check it out, but if you want the light weight car the Z28 is the only way to get it. But a stripper Z28 is a lot more rare than a real SS.

Quick Reply: No foglight switch?