Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Blower Vent Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Blower Vent Issues

I have a 01 Z and after I drive for awhile the blower air stops coming out of the vents as normal,, I here the blower going strong but no blast coming out, and It getting hot here In Tampa. Im read on other post that the vacum line near the PCM may be leaking, all I see is some small 1/8 inch or so black lines, a little value type piece, with a line runing into the wiring loom transfering to the back of the manifold, so tight I can not see were it is connected, and a line runing forward wrapped in the loom going toward the right front. I do not see anything abnormal. Again this happens after the motor is hot, If I stop and shut the car off for a short while it work fine for 15 plus minutes or so and the problem returns. Is there a leak I can find or control unit going bad? Where do I start disasimbly and how to test and check,, thanks for any help!

Tim
Tampa
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the problem,, there is vacum line coming out of some filter or inline vacum switch with one line in and two lines out, it is just inboard of the CPU just forward of the firewall. One of the lines runs to the back of the manifold to the above mentioned then splits one line to the firewall for the vent box supply, and strangely a line runs in the wireing loom forward down the right fender to behind the headlight , in front of battery arcoss in front of radiator and so on. I could not tell where it ended but Im sure it may be termenated in the loon near the battery area. I put a vacum gage inline and got 10 inched, I removed the line running forward and got 20. So I just capped the line going forward. line going forward is leaking. Im wondering is this a line for a Firebird tilting headlight?

Hope this post helps

Tim
Tampa