Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

4th gen power window help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th gen power window help

I have a 93 Camaro and discovered recently the drivers side window would not go back up. When I depress the rocker switch in the down direction I can hear a click, maybe the cutoff from the regulator saying the window is down. When I press the up direction absolutely nothing happens, and yes the passenger window works fine from both the drivers and passenger side.

I've already replaced the motor assembly itself with no change in symptoms. I have a multimeter but must claim ignorance on where/how to check to find the problem. I would love some help on how to check for the problem with the multimeter or what other suggestions anyone might have.

Thanks in advance everyone
Old 05-04-2012, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should also add the motor is a Dorman brand from Autozone, could I have got a bad one possibly? If I pull on the glass, hit the door, anything while pushing the button I get nothing. Is there some way to bypass the switch to see if that's the cause?

Just one last update here, using the diagram from shbox: http://shbox.com/1/window_motor_switches.jpg I'm using a multimeter and I'm plugging the black lead off of it into the black wire in the connector(A) I'm then touching the red lead of the multimeter across the other terminals and getting these voltages: B-5.4v, C-5.7v, D-11.2, E-11.2v, F-12.4v Are those normal readings? If not where should I now be looking? Also is there a way I can "jump" the motor to bring the glass back up so I can at least drive around?

Please ignore that last update, I realized I was using the multimeter wrong. This afternoon I connected the multimeter to a ground then touched across all six terminals on the drivers side power window female connection http://shbox.com/1/window_motor_switches.jpg

Across terminals D, E, and F I got 12v but across terminals A,B,C I got random numbers constantly changing.

I also put the probe into the plug going into the window motor itself, when depressed in the down direction I got 12v on the Brown wire but nothing on the dark blue wire regardless of switch position.

I also tried just unplugging the express down module under the dash but that just stopped the windows from working all together. I should also point out with the window motor out of the car the down direction works fine but not the up direction.

Sorry again for all the posts but I'm really stuck trying to figure this out.

Quick Reply: 4th gen power window help