Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Need some help! not turning over

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help! not turning over

Ok so i have a 1995 z28 rarely ever gives me a problem besides sometimes missing alittle around 5k thought it was my opti but havent had achance to change it. yesterday i was on the interstate and notice my rpm and tach were bouncing around thought it was odd and was going to look it up when i got home. stopped got a bite to eat and went to start my car and it would start run for half a second and die repeated that twice intill it finaly started with a miss. halfway home it started sputtering and couldnt touch the gas or get over 35mph but soon went away. noticed battery tach and mph gauge were bouncing everywhere on the way home. got home turned it off tried to start it back and it would start and die and did it again and on the third try everything went comepletly dead besides the radio. so now when i turn my key on i dont here the pump priming, the guage warning light doesnt come on when u first turn the key and when u rotate all the way over it doesnt tick or anything from the starter. im thinking pcm but advise wuold be great thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Teching In

that sure does sound like the pcm took a dump

do you have any interface devices? if so try to communicate with the pcm, try to get it to dump codes and log PIDs if you can get it running again
Old 06-08-2013, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by decipha
that sure does sound like the pcm took a dump

do you have any interface devices? if so try to communicate with the pcm, try to get it to dump codes and log PIDs if you can get it running again
I went and picked up a second pcm and plugged it up and not a single thing changed i checked all fuses again and found nothing. None of my lights on my dash come on either but my headlights wipers and stereo work fine
Doesnt evem make a click when i turn the key

Quick Reply: Need some help! not turning over