Alarm after locking car

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm after locking car

So check it out

Vehicle: 1998 Z28 Camaro

The alarm beeps twice about 5 seconds after I lock the car with the key fob. I swapped out the old battery with a new one from my other car to see if that was the problem because the old battery is quite old. No fix. The battery in the key fob was replaced sometime last year so I haven't tried that yet. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had any issues with this before and knows how to fix it.

Also no other problems occur. It's just annoying when I lock the car and to hear the alarm go off.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:13 AM
Teching In

Unplug the shock sensor and see if it still does it ......if it doesn't you probably have condensation build up in its housing,causing it too short and set the alarm off. It's a common problem and what was causing mine to go off.

Last edited by Canadian LS1; 02-22-2014 at 03:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Teching In

It didn't have moisture in it but it was definitely corroded. Anyone know if it's possible to get a new one?
Old 03-03-2014, 03:42 AM
Teching In

Yep .....you had condensation in there .....I'd try cleaning it up with contact/electronics cleaner or WD40 and something with a pointy tip to dig out corrosion between contacts.

That's what I did to mine and left a film of WD40 in there to prevent anymore corrosion and now works like a hot dam.

Quick Reply: Alarm after locking car