Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

emissions components

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emissions components

So, I've recently come into the possession of a 00' Z/28 and I absolutely love it. The only hitch was that everything emissions related was hacked out and placed in a box. I've done a bit of searching and haven't found too much on where all these things go but I'd really like to get her smogged so I can fully enjoy this beautiful friggin' car. If anyone has any pictures, or vacuum diagrams, or anything really -- I'd really appreciate the helping hand. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Factory service manuals your best bet. Most of us trash canned that **** soon as we got the car. There's not a whole lot of stuff but pictures of your box of parts laid out would help most.
All there really is EGR valve and pipe pre 01 cars maybe intake if the put non EGR manifold on the car.
Exhaust manifolds with air tubes and check valves
Cats and y pipe assembly
AIR pump (Electric)
AIR piping that runs down frame up around the booster and to each Exhaust manifold AIR check valve.
Reflash PCM to stock in order for all IM readiness tests to run and reenable anything that was altered.
Theres EVAP parts but most just leave that stuff in place as it doesn't hurt damm thing

Quick Reply: emissions components