Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

True Duals That Extend To Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals That Extend To Rear Bumper

Hi all,

I was saddened to find out that the TSP true dual exhaust does not extend all the way to the rear bumper, but dumps short of it. I want true duals, but want to keep the stock tips and look of the exhaust how it came from the factory. Does anyone know of a brand that offers a true dual exhaust within the 800-900 dollar price range that will extend to the rear bumper?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2014, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

I'll go with the TSP's and have a shop fabricate some extensions if no one knows of a brand that extends back, or if it is more than the 800-900 dollar range. Can anyone see a problem arising from having a shop add onto the true dual TSP's in order for them to extend to the rear bumper?
Old 06-12-2014, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I would just save a little and go with Kooks TDs..

http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-3-tru...am-p-3844.html
Old 06-12-2014, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

some shops wont touch the exhaust because its "illegal" but if you find one that does there should be no problem doing that. kooks goes over the rear with dual 3" exhaust so you should be able to as well. you could reference a kooks picture to the exhaust shop for pointers on how to do it.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

I'm really suprised there isn't any other exhaust system out there except for Kooks - the Kooks are real expensive.

@Sick_Tight good idea about referencing the Kooks. Would you guys trust a shop to do as well of a job as the kooks exhaust and everything, as far as the merge, welds, etc? I'm just feeling kind of weird about having a shop doing it and messing it up.. I do know a guy that seems to do a solid job on them, though.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sick_tight
some shops wont touch the exhaust because its "illegal" but if you find one that does there should be no problem doing that. kooks goes over the rear with dual 3" exhaust so you should be able to as well. you could reference a kooks picture to the exhaust shop for pointers on how to do it.
Are you saying the TSP true dual is illegal? Do the cats need to be taken off with this exhaust or something? I know I would have a VERY hard time finding a shop or person to do that for me in Minnesota. I've tried before with my Trailblazer and NO ONE would do it. This sucks!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Swens651
I'm really suprised there isn't any other exhaust system out there except for Kooks - the Kooks are real expensive.

@Sick_Tight good idea about referencing the Kooks. Would you guys trust a shop to do as well of a job as the kooks exhaust and everything, as far as the merge, welds, etc? I'm just feeling kind of weird about having a shop doing it and messing it up.. I do know a guy that seems to do a solid job on them, though.
Honestly man the Kooks is a work of art, I felt bad putting in on the car because Id never get to see it. If you call Maryland Speed you can get a better deal than the prices listed on the website. I paid $1500 with cats. If you go without cats you can probably grab it for $1400 or less if you wait for a sale. It was easy for me because I already had their headers. There isnt other systems out there because its tight and 3" duals really shouldnt fit but Kooks made it work and work well.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is also the bassani true duals, that is what I have on mine.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:02 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Empatho
I don't think that Bassani has offered any exhaust system components specific to 4th gen F-bodies for a very long time now. If they have started again, that would be great, as their products have always been very high quality in my experience (I have one of their catback systems on my Camaro).

Kooks is top notch stuff too though, so I wouldn't hesitate to go with anything from them either.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mac62989
Honestly man the Kooks is a work of art, I felt bad putting in on the car because Id never get to see it. If you call Maryland Speed you can get a better deal than the prices listed on the website. I paid $1500 with cats. If you go without cats you can probably grab it for $1400 or less if you wait for a sale. It was easy for me because I already had their headers. There isnt other systems out there because its tight and 3" duals really shouldnt fit but Kooks made it work and work well.
They sound awesome, but I'm just not spending 1,500 on an exhaust. I guess im stuck with the TSP true duals, which won't be too bad.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Do these bassani's go all the way back?
Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I don't think that Bassani has offered any exhaust system components specific to 4th gen F-bodies for a very long time now. If they have started again, that would be great, as their products have always been very high quality in my experience (I have one of their catback systems on my Camaro).

Kooks is top notch stuff too though, so I wouldn't hesitate to go with anything from them either.
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...ar-split-exit/

Says it was added back in 2011...
Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

They still offer their exhaust, I got mine like a month ago.

Do these bassani's go all the way back?
They bolt on to the stock cats and go over the axle and exit at the rear bumper.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

They sound awesome, but I'm just not spending 1,500 on an exhaust. I guess im stuck with the TSP true duals, which won't be too bad.
I got kooks true duals new in the box decided I am going to keep the stock exhaust and just put in a cutout. I've accepted that I will probably take a loss on these so make a offer if your serious worst that can happen is a no.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:37 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by 00_MMM_Z28
They still offer their exhaust, I got mine like a month ago.
This is good to hear. Glad they brought this back to market. I remember it being discontinued a long time ago, but I wasn't aware that it was reintroduced. It's been quite a while since I've done any shopping for 4th gen exhaust.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
I got kooks true duals new in the box decided I am going to keep the stock exhaust and just put in a cutout. I've accepted that I will probably take a loss on these so make a offer if your serious worst that can happen is a no.
Thanks for the generous offer, but I really am not looking to spend a grand on an exhaust. I think I've decided to go with the TSP true duals. I think the most I would go would be $800 for an exhaust. And $800 would just be a rude offer for such a nice set up.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Bassani has the only one for that price. Just save a couple more hundred bucks and go kooks true duals. I paid 1200 shipped for the exhaust system from Maryland speed (catless)

Quick Reply: True Duals That Extend To Rear Bumper