Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Update/overhaul interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Update/overhaul interior

Hey all, not sure if this belonged in vehicle specific or appearance, so if I'm in the wrong spot please move it.

Anyway, I want to re-do the interior of my 02 Z28. It's out of date, a lot of the colors do not match (it's all-black), and quite frankly, some of the choices made by the GM designers have left me scratching my head (really, the location of the cupholder? Especially on the M6 cars?)

So, I know this will be a tedious, tooth-grinding descent into madness, but, no pain no gain right?

I did have a few questions and was hoping some of you guys (especially those who have worked on the interiors) might be able to answer.

Number one: As much as I would love to replace the stock steering wheel, and move (or flat out remove) the passenger air-bag, the lack of safety is concerning. So, I know the drivers airbag deploys and splits the cover in the middle where the seam is, but what about the passenger side? Does the cover split or flip up like a lid? Does anyone have a pic?

Two: For those that have convertibles, i know the design for the rear panels where the speakers are is different from hardtops, but how much space is actually behind the panel that I could play with?

Probably have more questions to come in the near future.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Update/overhaul interior