Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Over heating problem.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over heating problem.

Ok so something weird happens. I just had a overheating problem had head gasket replaced and fan and thermostat and everything! When I start my car it's normal as I'm driving it'll stay below half on the temp gauge. Then when idling for awhile it'll creep it's way up to one notch before its in the red zone. Is this normal? ALSO my coolent overflow tank. It's only half full of coolent is that normal? Also I don't see any hose connecting the overflow tank to the radiator. Help?
Old 10-24-2014, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same exact thing was happening to me, I had my turbo installed and pusher fans since the pulleys wouldn't fit with turbo.. only they installed some generic ones. . What fan did u have and what do u have now? I installed 2 10" spal pusher fans and now my car don't even get the chance to heat up at a stop light or drive through. Whatever
Old 10-24-2014, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like the fans arnt moving enough air when idling. This was my problem. Uh had new headgaskets installed and everything to. So when I got it back and it was overheating I did a pre sure test and everything was fine so I then moved to the fans, and baam that was ny problem..
Old 10-24-2014, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Sucks when you pay to have all the cooling system fixed and it comes out still getting hot.. that's when you call spal fir some fans.. a1electric sells spal fans like 30% cheaper than anyone
Old 10-24-2014, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah man I had my gasket replaced and coolent filled and everything and it's still happening. So you think I should install dual fans instead of that one really big one
Old 10-26-2014, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

Yes but get spal curved blades for 2 small ones.. but before you go and spend 180 a peice you can try to hook up some different fans (if you have some laying around) and if you overheating problem changes with the fans than they are your problem, ,, this is what I did
Old 10-26-2014, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

What fan are you running now? Maybe you can move it around and see if it makes a difference. .

Quick Reply: Over heating problem.