Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Major frustration with pedal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major frustration with pedal!!!

I am having a major frustration here!I have a 98 Camaro Z28 SS,I did an ls6 Corvette c5 zo6 swap with lots of mods with a Borg Warner T56 set up with a full stage 3 clutch kit,suspension and chassis is fully built and exhaust is all aftermarket,have a hurst short throw shifter,the only thing stock really on my car is the master cylinder unit itself and my ls1 fuel rail covers,I have the braided line and did the drill mod,anyways after the full conversion was done the car ran fine and has been for the past couple of months,well last week I went to see Annabelle(good movie)and when I got out of the movie and left I was just about to hit the highway coming off the on-ramp and shift to 2nd and my pedal hit the floor and stayed down,I pulled off to the side,hit my hazards and pulled it up by hand,tried to push it down,it was rock hard,so I had it towed back home,next day I put it on the lift and noticed my quick disconnect wasn't connected to my slave (reason for the hard pedal)so I re-bent all the prongs and stuck it back in,pedal started going back down again,but still wouldn't come back up and when it is all the way down it will start but will not go into ANY gear,so for the past couple days I have been trying to bleed it in every way possible(that I know of)and none of it worked so today I pulled the m/c out and looked it over,everything seemed fine,no leaks or anything,not that i could see on the exterior of the m/c anyways,so I flushed it and flushed the hoses to be sure,bled it while it was out and put it back in.....STILL nothing,feels like no pressure is building up to push the pedal back up and so far the reservoir seems to stay full and clean with the clear honey color,the slave isnt leaking either and the clutch and all that is fine,I am truly STUMPED,so I gave up and decided to jump on here and ask you guys
Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

I would check the pressure plate/slave carefully, The force of the pressure plate pushing the slave cylinder back in is what makes your pedal return. Sounds like the pressure plate or possibly the slave/mount is not pushing fluid back through the system.

I guess I should also add that this all depends on if your are 100% sure you got it bled completely.

Last edited by LLLosingit; 10-28-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Replace with a tick since you have done everything else. It's possible you may have over extended the slave. I'm not entirely sure what that really entails bur the guys from tick or snl should be able to assist.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Broken or over extended pressure plate fingers might do the same???
Old 11-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Teching In

The slave seems to be fine when we dropped eveything,no leaks,moves like it should,my master is also brand new but I took it out to look at it all good and through and even bench bled it before re-install and it was fine,but still nothing,can there really have been THAT much air introduced into the system and I STILL haven't gotten it all out?so ready to get my baby back on the road

Last edited by CodyCamaro13; 11-02-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Ok guys just figured I'd let you know I finally figured out it was the master cylinder,took it apart and noticed it had an ever so small slice in the seal so I got the tick adjustable MC thanx guys

Quick Reply: Major frustration with pedal!!!