Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Finally back in the game. LS car.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Default Finally back in the game. LS car.

Finally found a Z28 for my son. It's an 01, decent mileage, needs very little work like seat covers, rear hatch struts, etc. This car is completely virgin, not even K&N or tinted windows. Getting it Friday for $2k. Definately a southern car. Absolutely no rust anywhere. Not even on the grounding studs under the hood.

It's exactly like an 02 I had but traded it in 05 for a new truck.
NBM, tan interior, but this one is a M6, mine was A4. He's driving a 99 Firebird now he's had for a year or so and we started scraping parts together for an LS swap. But he's always liked camaros over TA's.

Plus I already have 2 LQ4 blocks in the machine shop now getting bored. I won't see those till march/April time frame anyway.

So the guy says there's a knocking in it. We checked it out last night, started it & did a complete look over. Never heard a knocking in the engine but the throwout bearing was rattling a little. I know those all too well. It didn't even have piston slap. I was surprised.

Plans are complete tubular parts front to rear and set up for Auto-X as well as being a DD for college. His funds will contribute to all the chassis stuff. I'm taking care of engine & trans.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Any pictures? I originally fell in love with my brothers 01 Ws6. Then my parents gave me their 93 Z28. I just finished with a Lq4/T56 swap in it. I ended up going with the UMI road race k-member and it is really nice.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Not yet. We don't pick it up until tomorrow. Car is at his moms house here local. He lives in Nashville and driving up Friday to transfer.

Not really worried about cosmetic stuff since it's gonna sit in garage all winter and that gives him time to hit the yards and find all the little parts and pieces to fix it up. I just want it to run good. I have a plethora of LS stuff if I need it. Hell, I have a good 5.3 shortblock I could drop in it if need be. Plus I work in a GM parts dept. So engine stuff is easy. Body stuff is obsolete.

Quick Reply: Finally back in the game. LS car.