Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Got new headlights in, after installing abs and traction control is off

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got new headlights in, after installing abs and traction control is off

What's up guys title pretty much says it and all. Got my headlights in today.
www.carid.com/1998-chevy-camaro-headlights/ipcw-halo-projector-headlights-262208.html they look great will look even better when they are tuned all the way. Will post pics later this week. When I took it for a ride I noticed the abs and traction control off lights where on. I'm thinking it's a fuse but it's to late to mess with it it'll have to wait until till Tomorrow. Any thoughts?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Ps3 it has hids in it. A friend of mine had a Chrysler 300 and bought a nice set of hids and it messed up is brakes and traction control. He took them off and had no issues.

The hids were in my car when I bought and there was no issues when I bought it. Idk if that helps.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's really strange. Through the years, I've experimented with a whole bunch of HID, incandescent, and LED lighting configurations, and I've never encountered anything like you've described.

I currently have 75-watt HIDs in my low beams, 35-watt HID driving lights that come on with my low beams as high beams, 55-watt HID DRLs, 55-watt HID fog lights, and 35-watt HID reverse lights. (I also have an Optima Yellow Top deep cycle marine battery and a 220-amp alternator.) Everthing works perfectly; I've never triggered any side-effects.

Check your fuses first, then double-check to ensure that your wires aren't grounding out or crossed somewhere.

I truly wish you the best of luck!!!
Old 03-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the advice. Yesterday after work I took out the driver side light to fix the blinker light got everything back together. Only thing I can think of is the ground I was using for the hids was a little loose tightened it up drove it for about an hour in a half. Got stuck in a huge traffic jam. No problems no lights on so I guess that was it. Tonight or tomorrow I'm going to see if I can tune these lights otherwise I'm gonna have to take it somewhere.

Quick Reply: Got new headlights in, after installing abs and traction control is off