Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2002 camaro ss slp

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 03:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 camaro ss slp

What's going on, I've just recently acquired a 2002 camaro ss cme slp edition I was wondering if keeping the exhaust from the y pipe back is just as good as say a hooker or corsa exhaust? I've just acquired the car & I want to know where I should start out at performance wise. It has kyb struts & bilstein shocks. I want long tube headers but what should I get after that? A y pipe or x or h? Or is the stock y pipe just as good? Im getting the slip lid so that's off the list. I was also wondering what gears my car had? And it says 35th anniversary edition on the interior if that makes it anymore rare?
Old 05-26-2015, 05:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Get a off road y-pipe and your choice of catback. That's you're best bet. If the car is a 6-speed then it has 3.42 gears
Old 05-26-2015, 06:49 AM
Teching In

@HCI2000SS what's the best off road y pipe ? Best sounding exhaust with cme?? I want it loud but not cut off loud
Old 05-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

You just need to do some research and listen to sound clips on youtube and such. Have a good set of speakers or ear buds to use so it sounds better than crappy laptop speakers. I started reading and researching about these cars in the middle of last summer (2014), and I just bought my '01 SS 35 days ago. A Y-pipe is pretty standard except it either has catalytic converters in it, or it doesn't. The cats help with the loudness and raspyness of the exhaust, and emissions. Some y-pipes will not hook up to some headers because of angles and stuff, but most good header companies will have y-pipes available for their headers. The majority of the sound that is made will come from the rear exhaust section (cat back). That is why you need to listen to a lot of clips from you tube, and most of the clips out there will tell you exactly what the car has on it (brand headers, type of y-pipe, and muffler/resonator brands).

Quick Reply: 2002 camaro ss slp