Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

About to blow it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to blow it!!!

I bought a 2000 Camaro with a 3.8 engine I am stuck in Utah for about 8 days now I thought I had all the bugs fixed I soldered the BCM circuit board that fixed a lot of problems I changed a coil pack to eliminate a misfire on cylinder 5 every time I head out on the freeway I get anywhere from 10 to 50 miles and she just shuts off. I have to wait for her to cool down then she'll start up again then a little ways down the road she will shut down again I can drive on the city streets with no problem, but everytime I get on the freeway and down the road a little ways she will just shut off again does anybody have any tips or ideas for me please I would really like to go home
Old 05-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Sorry I know nothing about the 3.8 but I'd have to guess an ignition cooling problem of some kind - but with multiple coils its hard to envision. Any way to keep the general engine compartment cooler?

Best of luck to you!
Old 05-20-2016, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

almost sounds like a vapor lock? I know that's old school but if any changes were made to fuel system/lines?.....just sayin
Old 05-23-2016, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Check your fuel system, you're probably getting air in the system and its causing issues. It used to happen to me. Check to see how much pressure you're outputting at the rail, good fuel pressure should be about 55-60 lbs. Check your gas cap too, I would replace it because its cheap. Another thing I did to kind of remedy my issue was to keep the tank at least 1/2 full at all times. Good luck man, let us know.

Quick Reply: About to blow it!!!