Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Please Help Me Diagnose My Car! 94 z28 M6

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please Help Me Diagnose My Car! 94 z28 M6

Alright, I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for AAA and feeling very stupid. My car died and I should have seen it coming. Please help me to diagnose it if you can. I'm thinking it's the slave and/or master cylinder based on my searches.

I did a pull up to about 5000 rpm from 2nd into 3rd and my transmission wouldn't catch 3rd. I thought I had missed it so I tried 4th. No dice. I slowed down and tried to get into 2nd and 1st but I couldn't--it was like it was blocked.

I shut off the engine and put the car into 1st then turned the engine on. It ran rough and when I pressed in the clutch pedal, it sounded like something (I'm assuming the clutch) was rubbing up against something else (I'm guessing the flywheel?). Overall, my final impression was that the clutch wasn't completely disengaging.

So I was able to put it in 4th on the highway and cruise halfway home. I got off the highway and was getting ready to take the turn into my road when there was a sound and the engine died. My steering wheel basically locked up too and I had to press the breaks pretty hard to not hit a median. Before that, I think that the clutch pedal was acting very choppy and unsmooth in its action.

So, what do you all think? I looked underneath the car. No fluid leaks, nothing dangling. If it's the master and slave, I can fix that on my own (I think). If it's something with the actual clutch or the engine, I might be SOL.

I am having it towed to my house in hopes that it's just the master and slave cylinders.

Edit: So with the engine off and the clutch pedal not pressed, I can move the transmission into each gear freely. I'm thinking that the clutch is now stuck at a point where it will not engage with the engine.

Last edited by CaptainArbitrage; 06-15-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Please Help Me Diagnose My Car! 94 z28 M6