Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Random rev limiting under hard acceleration.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random rev limiting under hard acceleration.

I have a '02 camaro man-tran, cam, heads,Lt's and hp tuners. Have been running this combo unchanged for 2 years without incident. Recently the car under hard acceleration has been randomly hitting what seems like the rev limiter but at varying rpms all below the actuall rev limiter. All of the guage cluster lights will illuminate over and over untill you let off the throttle and then the car will drive fine. The car performes fine during "normal" driving no issues there. I thought it might be the nuetral saftey switch and the comp was trying to go on the 3500 rpm 2 step but i ruled that out by doing a long pull in 3rd gear. The same thing occured roughly 1000 rpm below the actual set limiter.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

factory tach? you know they are not very accurate. Why does the car have a neutral safety switch if it is a manual, it should have a clutch pedal depressed switch but it is only tied to the crank function.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Turns out that my motor mounts are quite shot (which i already knew) but i guess under hard acceleration with the motor rotating the exhaust it was pinching the power wire for my amp between itself and the body and over time melted through and it was actually grounding out and shutting the motor off.... rerouted a new wire and threw in some new mounts problem solved... ran 7 races withput incident last night👌
Old 12-11-2016, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

cool glad you figured it out.

Quick Reply: Random rev limiting under hard acceleration.