Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default race suspension alignment

I am installing the race k member on a 2001 trans am. I have no motor or suspension in the car. When installing the k member there is a 1/4 inch play moving front to back. What is your experience to align it. Maybe weld a nut and supply two bolts so us with Straight cars can use this to align it. I have a full on race car that I’m building and if this thing is going to be a headache to install I don’t see why I would trust spending $5,000+ on the rest of your part.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Roy Varndell Jr
I am installing the race k member on a 2001 trans am. I have no motor or suspension in the car. When installing the k member there is a 1/4 inch play moving front to back. What is your experience to align it. Maybe weld a nut and supply two bolts so us with Straight cars can use this to align it. I have a full on race car that I’m building and if this thing is going to be a headache to install I don’t see why I would trust spending $5,000+ on the rest of your part.
It's a race part. Every chassis is different. Bolt the ****** thing on and align the car to your specs. It doesnt matter where you locate the ****** thing as long as you align it afterwards. Use your brain here, it will be okay, i promise.

Quick Reply: UMI Road Race K Member alignment