Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

What's It Worth - 1993 Z28 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's It Worth - 1993 Z28 Camaro

I've decided once and for all, that I'm going to sell my baby either this spring or summer. So I'm looking to see what everyone thinks I can get out of her, after a little bit of cosmetic and mechanical work.

Car: 1993 Camaro Z28
Exterior: Bright Red
Interior: Charcoal Cloth
Trans: Automatic
Mileage: 94,xxx now (95-96xxx) At Time of Sale.

The car has always been a really strong runner, in the year I've owned it. I've had a few minor problems with it, that come with owning an older car... but nothing too significant besides the opti.

Paint is in good condition for a 93, a couple of tiny scratches and paint chipping off the front nose, but there are no dings or dents. And the car has never been wrecked.

The interior has some problems, most of which plan to be fixed before time of sale. The seats still look pretty good, besides the typical rip in the driver side seat bolster. And a cig burn hole from previous owner on the driver side seat. The center console hinge is broken, also common. And some of the buttons are broken on the driver/passenger side window/door panel. I plan on replacing all the buttons so they work again, and finding bolts and clips to hold everything in place like the car was new again. Right now the door panel is kinda mis-aligned... and not on very well due to some stripped bolts never being replaced.

Besides those couple of minor things, everything on the car is funcitional and in good condition. It's fast, even with the 2.73's, well maintained with Royal Purple the last 10k miles. And always babied, only driven in snow twice since I've had it, and only into the storage shed. Plus I've replaced quite a few parts, and plan on replacing more before I sell her. Has Dayton Daytona ZR Tires all around, and the car has never burned/leaked oil, or any other fluids. Transmission shifts smooth, and firm. And the engine runs very strong, without any sputtering or backfiring.

Replaced List:

1. GM Optispark, cap & rotor @92k Miles
2. Passenger Side Window Motor @88k Miles
3. Exide Battery with 3 year free replacement @94k Miles
4. New Starter @92k Miles
5. New Plugs/Wires @92k Miles
6. Fuel Injectors Removed and Cleaned @92k Miles
7. Power Door Lock Actuator (Have Part, Needs to be put in)
8. Transmission Rebuilt at 77K (Drove in Neutral)

Planned Replacements:

1. All New Buttons
2. Seat Covers
3. Hawk HPS Brake Pads
4. All Fluids Changed
5. Replacing all broken/missing bolts in interior
6. Tires Rotated & Balanced (tires have about 65% Tread Left)

Current Modifications:

1. K&N FIPK (Cold Air Intake) Filter Recently Cleaned
2. March Underdrive Pullies
3. Hypertech Chip and 160 Thermostat
4. AVS Taillight Covers (Blackout)
5. Black "Camaro" Vinyl Inlays (Rear of Car)
6. "Z28" Third Brake Light Cover
7. Pioneer CD-Player and Front Speakers
8. Astra 777 2 Way Alarm/Keyless Entry (Profesionally installed) Remote start can be hooked up, comes with 2 remotes including 1 LCD remote, that was dropped and has a scratch on face. But is still functional and readable)
9. Raptor Muffler with 4' Dual Chrome Exhaust Tips

Included in Sale:

1. Custom Fit Car Cover
2. All Papers, Warranties, Transmission Information, Maintenence history, etc.

I think that about covers it, and I probably included much more information then needed. The car books for like $4500, but I think I should be able to get more out of it... considering I see crappy V6's with higher miles go for 5-7k all the time in my area.

Just wondering what everyone thinks my asking price should be, I'm figuring around 4.5-5k or so. I hope to afford a 98-02 Z, but I might end up getting a Cobalt SS or SRT-4, due to gas mileage... plus I will be in college and be on a tighter budget, plus driving home to see my family and girlfriend.

Pics of car can be seen on my cardomain.

Last edited by Renegade; 03-02-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prolly about 5-6k at beast

Quick Reply: What's It Worth - 1993 Z28 Camaro