Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

My Z28 leaks worse than the Titanic.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Z28 leaks worse than the Titanic.

The title pretty much says it all, i've got a 94 Z28 normally stays in the garage. However, in Oklahoma we've had 17 consecutive days of rain. However there's a bunch of crap sitting where the Camaro should be. So it's been sitting out side, exposed to the elements. I have a daily driver my little CRX so I haven't been driving the Camaro, I went to condition the seats in between the breaks in the rain, and behind the pass seat there's standing water on the floor board. On seeing this im not thrilled, however it's a perfect square of water. The back seats were dry, front seat dry and under it, not even damp. I go to the back to see if there are any more leaks, I pull the panel where my n20 bottle is where the spair tire used to reside. A puddle of water there, I remove the other side guess what more water. Panicked I pull my subbox and guess what the entire bottom is flooded. The sub box is all fiberglass, so no damage. The car is a T-Top car, but im not leaking from there. The headliner and the covers are dry.

Here's what confuses me, it's like the water is comming up from under the car, I know that's impossiable. But the storage area, the bottom carpet had standing water in it, however about 5-6 inches up it's completely dry not even damp. It hasn't been hot enough to dry, and it's been raining every day just about all day. So, im at a loss here. Any ideas? The weather stripping around the hatch looks good, no tears or rips.

This is what I mean by standing water
Attached Thumbnails My Z28 leaks worse than the Titanic.-water-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by lov2xlr8; 07-01-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's alot of water. Do you park it at a angle facing front end down, such as a sloped driveway or hill. The channels of the hatchback can hold a ton of water if not level or rear end facing down. My driveway slopes down and I have to clean the car facing the street or water comes in from my hatch from the channels. Make sure the hatchback wheather stripping is also on correctly.

Quick Reply: My Z28 leaks worse than the Titanic.