Sponsored by:

1963 Impala / LS1

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1963 Impala / LS1

Hello Folks,

Well I be the newbe here. And by my sign on name you can see that Mother Mopar has been a large part on my past. OK so let the bashing start!

Here the deal.

I'm working to get a 63 rust free 2 Door HT Impala that's been setting in my shop for 6 years.

This was going to be a small block PS/PB/AC driver. The frame is done. Heck it was ready for the body.

So I found an LS1 (98-99 Firebird) for sale a couple of blocks away. Engine / Auto trans / factory front drive belt AC/PS / computer & wiring.

I want this to look OEMish Like no shinny stuff.

Will the factory AC/PS/Alt. clear the front frame?

Any problem making the engine talk to the 63 OEM dash?

Power brake booster to valve cover problems?

Any other things you can think of that I need to look at?

Thanks
Capt. Chrysler
Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Launching!

Welcome!
Don't know about the clearance in a 63...doubt the AC will clear though. To keep the original speedo, you'll have to use a thing called "cable-x". It's a convertor box which transfers the VSS signal to a motor which turns your original cable. Your booster shouldn't interfere...but it depends on the mounts you use.
Getting the engine/trans in won't be the big problem. The biggest headaches will be the wiring and fuel...and lots of nitnoid little things. That being said this site has MANY answers and has helped me get to where I'm at in my build.
Good Luck!
Bob
Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Capt Chrysler
Hello Folks,

Well I be the newbe here. And by my sign on name you can see that Mother Mopar has been a large part on my past. OK so let the bashing start!

Here the deal.

I'm working to get a 63 rust free 2 Door HT Impala that's been setting in my shop for 6 years.

This was going to be a small block PS/PB/AC driver. The frame is done. Heck it was ready for the body.

So I found an LS1 (98-99 Firebird) for sale a couple of blocks away. Engine / Auto trans / factory front drive belt AC/PS / computer & wiring.

I want this to look OEMish Like no shinny stuff.

Will the factory AC/PS/Alt. clear the front frame?

Any problem making the engine talk to the 63 OEM dash?

Power brake booster to valve cover problems?

Any other things you can think of that I need to look at?

Thanks
Capt. Chrysler
I need these awnseres to except for the dash and brake booster ones someone please let me know 59-64 is the same motor mount and frame rail so if you have the awnser for one of those years will pertain to 1963 to thanks
Old 09-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Launching!

THere's a couple of other builds with the x-frames happening. Here's a couple links:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-80e-swap.html

Quick Reply: 1963 Impala / LS1