Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 460le cruise control ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.3 460le cruise control ???

I am trying to get my cruise to work in my '64 c10 with a early 90's silverado steering column.

I connected my switch wires to connector c100 as follows;

switch blue to +12
switch green to c100 gray on/off
switch red to c100 blue set/coast
switch yellow to c100 gray/black resume/accel
It's not working.Is this the correct wiring?

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 11-29-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There could be more too it.

What year PCM? Drive By Wire?

Depending on what you have, there could be two brake switches that need hooked up.

Drive By Wire needs a brake signal, from the brake light side of the switch. (12v+ when you hit the brakes)

Also, the PCM has to have the TCC Brake switch signal, which is backwards as above, it is 12v+ when brakes are NOT applied, and circuit opens when you hit the brakes. Both of these signals has to work for cruise to function on DBW.

If you're using an external GM cruise box, i've never messed with one of those, but i'm sure its similar.

Also, the brake signal that is 12v+ when you hit the brakes, it has to connect to same wire that feeds brake lights. When brakes are not pressed, it looks for the resistance of the brake light bulbs. If bulbs blown or not wired like this, cruise will not function. In the pickups the OE wiring went to the 3rd brake light.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Brendon,glad to have your input.
2003 DBW.I have the +12 brake switch connected to TCC c2 c12 ppl wire,but thats all.
If you coulld tell me what I'm missing that would be great.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by olsofti
Brendon,glad to have your input.
2003 DBW.I have the +12 brake switch connected to TCC c2 c12 ppl wire,but thats all.
If you coulld tell me what I'm missing that would be great.

C100 - A - DK BLUE - Cruise Set/Coast Signal
C100 - L - GRAY - Cruise On Signal
C100 - S - GRAY/BLK - Cruise Resume/Accel Signal
C2 - A10 - LT BLUE - Stop Lamp Supply Voltage/CHMSL or (Center High Mounted Stop Lamp)

Cruise Set/Coast Signal - This is a momentary switch signal which sends 12v+ down this wire. Momentary meaning, it only sends 12v+ when the switch is pressed, when you release the switch, it should turn off. Pressing this switch quickly will set the current speed and it will be maintained. Holding it on will let vehicle coast, when you release, that will be the new set speed to be maintained. After set, each quick press of the switch will lower set speed 1 mph.

Cruise On Signal - This is simply an on / off switch that enables or disables the cruise function. This needs to be switched 12v+ to this wire.

Cruise Resume/Accel Signal - This is a momentary switch signal which sends 12v+ down this wire. Momentary meaning, it only sends 12v+ when the switch is pressed, when you release the switch, it should turn off. This switch ONLY functions after you have previously pressed the SET/COAST switch. Resume will resume vehicle speed after hitting the brakes. Holding this switch will make vehicle accelerate until you release it. Each quick press of the switch will increase set speed 1 mph.

Stop Lamp Supply Voltage - This wire should be hooked to the same wire that feeds you're brake lights 12v+ when you press on the brake pedal. THIS IS NOT THE SAME WIRE AS TCC BRAKE SWITCH THAT THE PCM USES TO UNLOCK TORQUE CONVERTER.

After those are wired, you also MUST have the TCC brake switch signal to the PCM. If this signal is not received by the PCM, cruise will not function. TCC Brake Switch Signal is 12v+ when brakes are NOT pressed, and the switch OPENS when you hit the brakes. This signal wire is at PCM connector C1-Blue: Pin #33; Purple wire.

All this from www.lt1swap.com/dbw.htm

Last edited by busta9876; 11-29-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks agian.

I don't have another day off till Tuesday,I'll try it agian then.

I must have missed the info on brake light connection.

I'll post an update when I find out if that fixes my cc.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Brendon,I can't believe that I missed the dbw section on your site.

As usual it had all the info I needed.

I used the site often during and after the install for pinouts and general help.

I studied it for days,then the wiring seemed so easy when I did it,fired up first time I turned the key!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Teching In

I HAVE CRUISE.....Thanks

Quick Reply: 5.3 460le cruise control ???