Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Late model radiator into a first gen Camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late model radiator into a first gen Camaro...

I did a search for this and turned up nothing. Or perhaps I wasn't using the correct search words.

What I want to know is....has anyone done a late model radiator and fan setup from a 1997-2002 Camaro/Firebird into a First Gen Camaro with an LS1?

Does it work? If so, what modifications are needed?

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Use an LT1 radiator and fans. A radiator from a 94-95 camaro had the biggest capacity. I had a lower valance to set my radiator on but i ended up making some 90 degree brackets (could buy shelf hangers and it'd be the same thing) and mounted my radiator at the bottom like that. On the top i just self tapped through aluminum radiator lip. The LT1 fans i just hung right on the radiator too. I can drive the 30 minutes to work without even turning my fans on and my engine temp never goes above 170 or so.

Here's a couple pics. It doesnt take much to hold them in place. I used the factory LS1 upper and lower radiator hoses. I had to trim about a half inch off of the lower radiator hose to make it fit but thats it.

Last edited by Shawn MacAnanny; 12-09-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can go this route as well. I bought one of Afco's rads for my first gen camaro with a small block, and I was impressed at the quality/appearance of the rad.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 12-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Entropy on Ebay has a good setup too! Mine came with two fans and the additional outlet for the steam line. Very well built!

Quick Reply: Late model radiator into a first gen Camaro...