Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering Q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering Q's

Got my PS bracket yesterday and looks like it will bolt in nicely. I noticed on the side of the block there is an accessory bolt hole and a lonely bolt through the bracket with no where to go. Is there a brace that goes behind the PS pump and the head? Haven't been able to find one in a search.

Second Q is about the LT1 rack. It's easy to see it won't work with the factory K member. I did read where one guy couldn't use his LT1 rack with a PA Racing K member. I have a BMR. I presume that won't work either.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Launching!

What application are you using? I think I read somewhere else on here that if you are putting F body ps bracket/ accessory brackets on a truck motor (lq 4 or 9) then you need to drill and tap one of the holes. Don't know if that is the case with you, or I could be completely wrong. Don't know if that helps you any.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Well from my placement, it appears there's no where to drill???? I am drilling a hole for the alt/idler bracket tomorrow but not sure on the PS. I believe it will be fine as is up there but thought I'd check. I'm hoping my LT1 rack clears the motor stands but I am doubtful.