Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gauges

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauges

I'M PUTTING A 6.0 IM MY T-TYPE have reg vdo gauges wanting to know is there any provisions on the 6.0 for hooking up after market water temp and oil pres.gauge.....
Old 01-01-2009, 01:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can screw in a normal temp sender in the head and block off the other hole. And for oil pressure, you need a metric pipe thread adapter screwed into the block and use a braider hose to the gauge. This how my mustang is done.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The passenger side head is the same as the driver side, but there is nothing in the threaded port.. so you can remove the plug and use the passenger side for your water Temp gague.. you have three options. 1) get a sender that is metric to fit, 2) get a adapter metric to NPT or 3) drill and tap it to 3/8" NPT.

for the oil pressure.. the PCM doesn't need the signal, it only is needed for a OEM gauges... you can get a adapter to use your NPT sender or do what I and others have done. break off the black plastic part of the sender, drill and tap it to a 1/4" or 3/8" NPT to match up with your gague sender. Other option is to drill and tap into the bypass plate above the oil filter.. (if it is not using it for oil cooler)

But from these suggestion, you should not be able to figure out what works the best for you.