Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t56 on ls1 problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default t56 on ls1 problems

I have a 2001 LS1 out of a vette. the t56 I have is out of an SSR. Something like a 2004.

I got the gm clutch pack, but when I assemble everything, the clutch fingers arent depressing slave. Its like the bellhousing is too long. Either way there is too much space between the clutch pressure fingers and the slave.

Does anyone know if the SSR takes a special clutch pack? Just looking for some-kind of help, thanks.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 929 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by cajundragger
I have a 2001 LS1 out of a vette. the t56 I have is out of an SSR. Something like a 2004.

I got the gm clutch pack, but when I assemble everything, the clutch fingers arent depressing slave. Its like the bellhousing is too long. Either way there is too much space between the clutch pressure fingers and the slave.

Does anyone know if the SSR takes a special clutch pack? Just looking for some-kind of help, thanks.

If you have some pictures, that will be helpful. There is a definite possibility that the bellhousing is deeper on the SSR trans. The SSR might have used a dual mass flywheel setup that requires more room inside the bellhousing.

Andrew
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 929 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

OK. So check this out:

http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/h...e_install.html

I remember reading something about the SSR trans in the article about the Hot Rod mag Solstice build. They are using the SSR transmission with an LS7 flywheel and clutch package. There is mention of a spacer being used to accommodate the longer input shaft of the SSR trans. The article also mentions using a CTSV throw out bearing assembly.

So I don't know what the right answer is at the moment, but it sounds like the right combination of parts will solve your problem. I suggest taking everything apart and start measuring to see exactly what you have.

Andrew
Old 01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

thank you thank you.

I emailed hotrod to see if they can help me out. I need to know what spacer they had made was and everything.

I know that my slave is the same as the ssr and hotrod said the ssr is the same as the ctsv. So im thinking my slave is fine. Also they used a Z06 clutch pack, which has the same flexplate as my clutch. So the only thing they used that I dont have is the spacer, which is exactly what Im thinking I need.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

TTT

any ideas?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone have any ideas what other forum I could put this in to get more attention?

Quick Reply: t56 on ls1 problems