Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catera/ Bitter SC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catera/ Bitter SC?

The Catera was built on the Opel Omega platform... the Bitter SC by the previous Opel Senator. Both use GM inline 6's.

I know there is some discussion here about swapping into a Catera (I would likely have bought the car with conversion kit that sold a few months ago had I seen it while it was still for sale).

But I'd really rather convert a Bitter SC due to the uniqueness (and the fact I don't have to worry about OBDII emissions)... my question is: since the Senator/Omega platforms are so similar, does any one know if the basic guidance/conversion parts for the Catera swap apply? And are any of those bits still available?

Looking mainly for motor mounts, oil pan, etc... I don't mind fabbing up a radiator, wiring, etc... the few Bitter SC swaps I've seen were hack jobs... would like to do one properly and make it into a daily driver...

Thanks!
Bill
Old 01-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Teching In

What year are you talking about? The commodores are very closely related the the senator/omega platform and they had ls1s from 1999 on
Old 01-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Teching In

1979-1989, though most US spec Bitter SCs are 1983-1985 or so... the particular car I'm dealing with is a 1983 model.

Thanks!
Bill