Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into LT1 F-Body 2 days??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 into LT1 F-Body 2 days??

I have 2 days to do this swap in my daily driver also going from 700R4 to T56. I was wondering if this is possible to do it out the bottom with 3 or 4 people. All very famaliar with vehicles but just not done a 4th gen.

Also in a pole barn with air compressor/tools and a hoist system in the rafters to hoist up the car. Jacks also.

What else would be needed?? Is it possible to do this in two days.... I have all parts necessary LS1 and T56 are mated with new cross member and k member, steering linkage, rack and pinion, pedals, cylinders, accessories are already on it, wiring harness computer, exhaust, air intake, center console also have all the wiring schematic changes to repin the fuse box and the repinning tool.

I was going to use the 98 f-body sensor to use the analog out for my gauges, and put the 98 fuel filter/regulator in the my engine compartment with the quick disconnects up there and then used a highpressure fuel injector hose with clamps to go from filter/reg to rails because I could not find the 97/98 corvette return rails. Is this all thats needed besides repinning to redo the wiring harness for the 93? The Traction control will not function properly but I believe they are somewhat standalone with the ABS since there is no BCM and uses gm serial data lines. I was thinking I could find the reference signal to power them up and replicate it or do they even have one? Are they completely standalone?

Do I have everything covered?? Need to finish this in two days to return to work. Trying to get everything together. Thanks..

Last edited by Radcannon; 02-01-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm skeptical but I would LOVE to see you pull it off!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

That would be hardcore. Post pix
Old 02-01-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's sunday where you at on the swap? post pics if you can
Old 02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Launching!

haha thanks for the encouragement. This will begin next weekend or the weekend after. I am thinking about taking friday off to have three days on it.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Launching!

well it went down in two weeks.... OH well there is alot of wiring to do to get everything to work right but its going after wiring worked out and done right. Vats remarkbly went bad at the same time I did the swap which added more confusion.

Don't think there will be any more snow driving haha. Even with 2.73's she takes off. 80 in second gear before you realize.

Quick Reply: LS1 into LT1 F-Body 2 days??