Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which motor mount frame stands do I have? (67 F body)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which motor mount frame stands do I have? (67 F body)

I have a 67 F body that I am swapping an LS1 into and I need to know what SBC frame stands I have so I can make sure to order the right mount plates. My goal is to get the motor set back so that it will mate to the turbo 400/gear vendor transmission I have so that I don't need to move the tranny or have the driveshaft length changed. The car had a SBC in it but I know the stands are not original beause the car originally had a inline 6 in it. The mounts are 2.5" wide and the center of the hole is 2" from the crossmember and the top of the stand is 3" from the crossmember. ANy advice is appreciated. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Which motor mount frame stands do I have? (67 F body)-firebird-016.jpg   Which motor mount frame stands do I have? (67 F body)-firebird-017.jpg  
Old 03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are SBC mounts i have the same ones. If you are trying to match to your existing transmisison and driveshaft then just unbolt those and buy a set of the Carshop mounts. They bolt onto the LS1 engine and you weld the pedastal to the frame where you want it. The only way i see any way of putting your motor exactly where you want it.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out this link http://www.pozziracing.com/camaro_engine.htm