Sponsored by:

LS2 Oil Pan parts help needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 Oil Pan parts help needed

LS2 Oil Pan parts help needed

I'm working on a LS1 swap into a 1966 Chevy II. I bought a used 2004 LS2 oil pan and it arrived missing the parts inside the red square in the diagram below.

I need part #433 gasket, part #451 threaded rod (its my guess that its a threaded rod?) and part #452 bolt\nut. From inside the oil pan i have determined that the rod should be a size M6 x 1.0 and at least 100+ MM long.

I live in Dallas, Texas and have been to three stores today looking for these parts (Autozone, Home Depot, and Elliot's Hardware).

Does anyone know where those parts can be purchased? Either online or through a brick\stone store?

link to the picture
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...PanDiagram.jpg

I also need advice on how to seal the dipstick hole on the side of the engine block since the LS2 oil pan has its own dipstick hole. I was thinking to find a bolt similar in size and grind the threads down. Then use JB Weld or similar to hold the bolt in place.

Anything to help would be so appreciated.... BKW
Old 03-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

i think i still have the little feeze plug that popped out to put my dipstick in...thats really all it is, i can even measure it for you. as far as the loil cooler covers or what ever they are called, i just took them off of mine because i needed them for my autokraft pan i do have #451 and #452, which mounts the bypass tube..let me know
Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Needs to finish car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A pipe thread plug might work for the dipstick hole in the block if it's close in size; you'd just need to tap the hole.

Does it necessarily have to be threaded rod and a nut, or would a long bolt work? The gasket is basically going to be a dealer item.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Launching!

FBody oil pans use a similiar part to #434, and an identical #433. Both these parts are from the dealer. The FBody "434" has a boss on it that you can drill and tap for an oil pressure switch or sender. The bolts #431 and #455 can be substituted for any M6x1 hex-head or socket head bolt of the correct length. Do you have a Fastenal store in your area? If not, go to their website, or the McMaster-Carr website to buy the length fastener you need. Our GTO oil pan used long bolts at the front end of the pan, and shorter bolts at the aft end to secure the oil pipe assy #447. We used the GTO pan in our swap, but I don't remember the bolt lengths.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Im curious what the parts in the red box are for?

Quick Reply: LS2 Oil Pan parts help needed