Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsx Turbo headers...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lsx Turbo headers...

I'm building a stroked/force-fed lq4/l92/l76 engine for a 1996 firebird, and will be using a tube complete front suspension. I'm wanting to retain use of the factory AC setup, so I'm not so sure that "flipping" stock manifolds to feed the turbo will be such a good idea. I've seen some kits on online auction sites, and am wondering if anyone has had any luck with these kind of setups. The price seems pretty darn fair, but we all know the often-true reality of getting what you pay for. The kit I'm looking at is $500.00 for all of the hot-side piping.

Any thoughts???
Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

some people have good luck with the ebay specials and some don't its just that simple. Your gonna get a alot of "do it" and "there junk"
Old 03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Knowing a lot of import people I will say the auction aka EBay stuff is a hit or miss. Sometimes its actually pretty decent and other times its straight trash. Best chance would be find the specific auction/company and post it on here to see what people have to say about that specific product.

On a related note I've seen some people use C6 manifolds for turbo fabs, mainly on RX7s but maybe it can also work for your 4th gen.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quick Sh0t xMLx
Knowing a lot of import people I will say the auction aka EBay stuff is a hit or miss. Sometimes its actually pretty decent and other times its straight trash. Best chance would be find the specific auction/company and post it on here to see what people have to say about that specific product.

On a related note I've seen some people use C6 manifolds for turbo fabs, mainly on RX7s but maybe it can also work for your 4th gen.
Yeah, it's the ebay stuff. I really didn't want to advertise any names, as I don't want to advertise on here for a non-sponsor, but just do a search for "ls1 manifolds", and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for any any help/suggestions.

One other thing.....my main concern is being able to retain a/c in my car. Do you think this might be possible using the c6 manifolds? I don't have a picture of them to compare to, so I just thought I'd ask.

Last edited by salemetro; 03-17-2009 at 03:55 PM.