Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ9/LS6 in 1971 El Camino

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ9/LS6 in 1971 El Camino

I would think the biggest factor in deciding between different routes to go would be personal choice. However I would still appreciate your guys' opinions. I'm looking to end up at around the 500-550 hp (eventually). It will be a daily driver so reliability is important. Most of my friends who have done builds of their own (not neccessarily with these engines) have suggested the LQ9. I've read a few "Car Craft", "Hot Rod" articles dealing with their own LQ9 builds and it definitely seems promising. I have $8,000 I'm willing to devote to the build (it would be great if I didn't have to use it all though ). It seems hard to argue that the LS6 is NOT the technologically superior engine, at least "stock", and if I did go that route I would use the matching 6 speed manual tranny, which is geared for that engine, (right?), as opposed to looking for one to match reasonably well with the LQ9.
I've presented my situation as best as I can, now I'm just looking forward to some enlightening opinions. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: LQ9/LS6 in 1971 El Camino