Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switched Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switched Fuel Pump

I've got a '98 Z with carb. I want to use a toggle to control the fuel pump. Does anyone have any details on how to wire a switch to the relay to keep the stock wiring in place. I've done the testing and have the wiring diagrams but I'm still stumped. I've tested out to the blue and green wire that, according to the drawings, signal the pump to come on. I put 12v to those wires, turn the key on, nothings happening. The fuses and relay are good. DO I need 12v to the blue and green, and then run a switched 12v to the fuse in the engine compartment? Car doesn't have PCM or any kind of engine harness but the under-hood fuse boxes and all wires back to cab are still in tact. I'm savvy on wiring up a new relay fused 30a's, but it seems like there ought to be a simple way to send a switched 12v to the relay that's already in the car.

I've been screwing with it a while and have probaly overlooked something. I've got the factory fans switched, water pumps wired, guages set up, switch panel is in... fuel pump is the last thing to sort out.