Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few questions mustang swap almost done

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few questions mustang swap almost done

1-- How do you get the key ign in the mustang to work on the stand alone harness

2--- where do i find the wires for the fuel pump to hook to the fuel pump relay

3-- where can i find cheap flexable coolant lines.

4--- i ran 3/8 fuel line to the tank but was told the tank is 5/16 , is there a fitting to hook this up .

5--do i need the vss on a th400 trans

going out to work on the car now
Old 05-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

summit will have the fittings and lines you need, otherwise a local performance shop should have them.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crazygn
1-- How do you get the key ign in the mustang to work on the stand alone harness
A) If its a fox you can pull the column and the "hot" is easily found. I used the wire from the ignition switch to the factory ford solenoid. It was easier to use since my harness was a modified truck harness the ECM and relays were all mounted near the ford solenoid on the drivers strut tower area.

2--- where do i find the wires for the fuel pump to hook to the fuel pump relay
A) Wires to the factory ford fuel pump relay and the ford relay will be under the drivers seat on fox cars (pre 93 EFI cars) not sure but I think they are here on late model too....

3-- where can i find cheap flexable coolant lines.
A) Why? You can go to NAPA or carquest and buy molded hose that has the bends you need for cheap... looks alot better than flexible hose IMO. I used the radiator from a C5 vette in my fox with the factory radiator hold downs no less...

4--- i ran 3/8 fuel line to the tank but was told the tank is 5/16 , is there a fitting to hook this up .
A)Any parts house and/or performance shop should have a reducer for this. Depends on what type of line you used and what connectors/connection is at the tank or the end of your line.

5--do i need the vss on a th400 trans
A) What are you planning to use for a speedo? This will dictate what is needed for VSS or cable, etc. I know the tuning part of things is much easier with a VSS referrence not sure how much easier but it's what I've been told.

going out to work on the car now
Good luck. Let me know if anything else....

Dave
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks , i'll look for those wires this week and try to get this harness done. I am thinking about using the stock fbody gauges in my dash if not to hard to do. love to use the zo6 gauges but they say you cant.

thanks for the help
Old 05-10-2009, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Fbody cluster is easiest to use. You will need the plug/pigtail in order to use it and then most of the info is transfered thru the serial data wire but the ones that are not will need to be plucked from your harness and spliced into/ran to the plug for the cluster....
Old 05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

that doesnt sound all that bad, would the gto cluster even work