Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AN fittings on LS1 steering rack side

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question AN fittings on LS1 steering rack side

Would anyone happen to know if this is correct on an LS1 steering rack, if wanting to go with stainless steel braided line:

If this is NOT correct, anyone know which AN fitting/pn's I need? Or what the threads are?

Thanks for any help/advice yet again.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't speak to that rack in particular, but Every GM rack of that vintage that I am aware of are metric. I do not remember the sizes, but I think it was 16mm and 18mm. Call Mark at S&P and he can tell you.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 07-16-2009, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I believe its 16mm, if you go on summits website I think they list them as TPI fuell rail AN fittings..
Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the responses guys. I forgot I had this diagram (disregard the blue highlights):

bczee told me that he used AER-FBM2608 (-6AN to 16mm x 1.5 w/o-ring) on the LS1 ps pump high pressure side, which would be #8 (7.65mm x 1.63mm). So since the diagram says #8 is also used on the rack part, I guess I can order two of the AER-FBM2608.

But then in the diagram, it says the other threaded hole on the rack, #6, is also 7.65mm x 1.63mm....soooo should I get three AER-FBM2608 fittings??

(I believe #4 in the diagram is just a hose clamp.)
Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by John McGraw
I can't speak to that rack in particular, but Every GM rack of that vintage that I am aware of are metric. I do not remember the sizes, but I think it was 16mm and 18mm. Call Mark at S&P and he can tell you.

Regards, John McGraw
John, I think you're right. I believe the 16mm is for the top port of the steering rack, and the 18mm fitting is for the bottom port.

So here is the new plan, I just want to check with the forum to make sure I'm ordering the right **** (if anyone can look this over and tell me if this is right that would be awesome like a blossom):

Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can someone tell me please, in the original post message picture, what is the fitting type and size called out on the cylinder lines on the right side of each cylinder line?

On both of the two cylinder lines on the steering rack, on my car anyway, on the left end are some easy looking flare fitting, and on the right end of both lines are some sort of o-ring compression fitting, the line end seems to be similar to swaged into the shape of a top-hat, to back the o-ring into the port. Obviously I am not talking about the ports which are labeled in that pic, but the ports next to those, which in that pic have steel lines screwed into them.

What size and standard is that connection, and where can I get a tool to make that end on a line, or where can I buy a line with already that end formed on it?

Quick Reply: AN fittings on LS1 steering rack side